Sunday, August 26, 2012


Pictures of my parents about a 40 years apart. Florence and Jubilee Moikeha. They raised three sons and had their ups and downs. They contributed quite a bit to the community of Maui. My father was a consistent face for the County as a Water Department inspector having worked for the County nearly 30 years. My mother was one of the first faces greeting visitors at the Kahului Airport. I had many fond memories of my parents and their love for each other - from the simple notes my Dad would leave for my Mom addressed to Mee Mo....his pet name for her - to the reminders my Mom would leave for us to remember Dad. Mom...Grandma, your grandson, my youngest asked me last week, "where's Grandma"? I told him of the Plan of Salvation and that you were teaching. Thesz responded, "I miss Grandma." I miss you too Mom. I hope I can make you proud of us. You know that we're trying our best. The kids really miss you a lot and are trying their best. 
Aloha A Hui Hou ..... until we meet again.

5 Comments:

At 15/11/12 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I really enjoyed reading your blog, my condolences on your loss. My grandmother once mentioned she might have known Andrew Moikeha, which to my understanding was Jubilee and David’s brother. Would you happen to have any information on Andrew?

 
At 15/11/12 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I really enjoyed reading your blog, my condolences on your loss. My grandmother once mentioned she might have known Andrew Moikeha, which to my understanding was Jubilee and David’s brother. Would you happen to have any information on Andrew? Email: wckimj@gmail.com

 
At 18/4/16 8:42 PM, Blogger DeMarr Zimmerman said...

My name is DeMarr Zimmerman. My Grandparents LeRoy and Lea Clark went on an LDS mission with their 2 children Maxine and Marlene . My mother Marlene just pasted away and we found a photo album of a ton of picture. My grandparents and mother were in Maui in 1939. I have pictures of a LDS Church with the members. My Grandmother numbered each one of the members and there are pictures of some Moikenas. Annie Moilena was one of those members. She is a very young girl in the photo. Could any of the Moikena in the photo be related?

My email is demarr1@msn.com if anyone knows.

 
At 18/4/16 9:08 PM, Blogger DeMarr Zimmerman said...

I also so see a Danny, Jubilee, The is another one I can not read the name clearly... slittie of Littie. Not sure of the spelling.

 
At 18/4/16 9:55 PM, Blogger DeMarr Zimmerman said...

I would love to post some of these pictures so you could see them. Not sure how to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home