Sunday, January 10, 2010

Aloha my brother

Holani called last Friday evening (January 8, 2010) to tell me of the passing of my brother Kalei. I really don't know how to describe the feeling I have right now. Kalei has been such a guide not just for me but for many others - I called a few friends and classmates to let them know that my brother was gone. They expressed the same feelings. We were brothers. Although he was older than me, we did have a closeness that brothers feel.

There were times when we didn't keep very good contact with each other - yet when we did meet up again, it was right where we had left off. I am sure that when the moment in time comes, as it will, I will again see my brother. In my minds eye, I shall always see him kicking off a wave, then paddling out for another as the sun sets in the west. Aloha, a hui hou - Kauokalani

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home